Saturday, July 3, 2010

Flowers, Trees, and Other Plants in Scandinavia

I was asked to talk about little more about my observatios of the flowers and other plants in the area.

Again, this is something that was different from what I imagined. I had thought of it as been too cold for many flowers. On the contrary, there are many. Maybe this is another example of how they get maximum enjoyment from the warmer season here.

In fact, I saw alot of flower boxes and pots, as well as flower beds. Window boxes were also prevalent. I would imagine that these are a little easier to maintain here than at home where my potted flowers burn up quickly. Not surprisingly, pansies are popular. I saw other potted annuals, liked geraniums.

Of course the place that I saw the most flowers was in Tivoli (the amusement park in Copenhagen). This is an amusement park and a garden. I took many pictures there and will share them on Facebook later. The flower beds were amazing there.

Apparently, trees are a big industry here, especially in Sweden. In fact some of the items in the souvenir shops are made from local woods. They seem to have alot of varieties of trees as well.

Well, I will have to put more thought into this and add more later as I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment