Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 2 - A Day at Sea


Since I only had limited access to the Internet while on the ship, I will be adding a few more posts about our trip. Here is one about our second day.
Our first full day on the ship was relaxed with little on the agenda. This is actually my favorite way to vacation - sitting on a deck chair reading a good book. However, I am most excited about visiting all of our upcoming stops. I am so excited to see all of these places I have never been and cultures that are in some ways so different from mine.


We spent the day in the English Channel and the North Sea. (Lucky for me, the sea has been quite calm and much like the waters of the Caribbean.) Our most exciting site was watching a cruise ship pass us. Yet, watching the sea was quite calming and beautiful.


Most of the entertainment was inside today (the weather has been getting cooler). Disney does a fantastic job with family entertainment. Some of the choices today were making flowers out of paper (origami), a game show where the contestants were children and their parents (sort of fashioned after the Newlywed Game), and Bingo. There was also movies running all day in the theatre and at the Goofy Pool, three pools, and plenty to eat and drink.


In the Kids Club, the children had visits from Peter Pan, Lilo and Stitch, the Little Einsteins, a princess, and more. The kids LOVE the kids club and ask to go there constantly. This makes for some guilt-free couples time.


This evening was the formal night for dinner followed by the play "Twice Charmed" in the Walt Disney Theatre. We also saw a comedian who gave the kids a lesson in how do do comedy. Ben was quick to get on the stage and show everyone his new signature walk.


Amazing Event of the Day: Kristina sat quietly and politely through an almost 2-hour dinner. I think that the dress was transforming for her. I will have to send her in one to school everyday! lol


Ben entertained everyone with nonsensical jokes and funny jabbering He asked his cousin about lacrosse and was told that he called his stick "my spoon." Ben replied "I call my stick 'my fork." Ben added "but I don't really kno0w what you are talking about."


The kids are having the hardest time with the time change. Ten o'clock here is 5 p.m. at home. It is like we are trying to put them to bed at 5 p.m. Yet, when it is time to wake up, they don't want to get out of bed.


Funny story - I was taking some pictures of the kids since they were all dressed up for formal night. After taking a picture, Ben ran over and said that he wanted to see one of the pictures. He looked at it and then said "look mom, that is my first best smile." I must have had a puzzled look on my face, because he added, "see I'm not smiling crooked." I looked at the picture and realized that he was right This was the first picture where his smile was not crooked - his first best smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment